- Comprises 12 active partner organizations
- Vision: “to establish an integrated affordable and sustainable transportation system in PEC”
- New project: collaboration between The County Foundation, Municipality, and United Way Hastings Prince Edward resulted in a federal grant to fund the development of a business case for an integrated affordable and sustainable transit system in PEC. The business case was presented at Public Open House sessions held in Wellington and Picton on April 19/18 based on the following strategies:
- 1. Develop an Integrated On-Demand Rural County Transit Service.
- 2. Improve Integration and Inter-municipal Connections to Belleville.
- 3. Improve Local Connections within Picton.
- 4. Service the Seasonal Employment Needs in the Tourism Industry.
- Public inputs are being encouraged prior to submission of the proposals to Council.
- Funding in support of this important project is being pursued.